Trinity Cathedral is an accumulation of buildings dating from the consecration of All Saints' church in 1896 to the completion of the Cathedral in 1954, and the addition of Trinity Academy in 1965. This brief illustrated guide details just some of the architectural features that enrich every visit to the Cathedral complex. Guided tours are offered at various times of the year, and always on Cathedral Sunday, the first Sunday in June.
All Saints' Chapel
Also known as the Bishop Urban Memorial Chapel in honor of he first Dean. Notable features include:
- Carved Rood Screen separating the Nave from the chancel, with the crucified Savior flanked by Mary his mother and the Beloved Disciple John.
- Chancel windows constructed in 15th century Gothic style depicting persons in the life of Mary, the Mother of God, including Anne her mother, Joachim her father, cousin Elizabeth, and the Flight into Egypt.
- Nave windows featuring Old Testament prophets and saints of the Anglican tradition.
- Stations of the Cross, Commissioned from an immigrant Chinese artist, to replace the original set that were stolen.
- Three bells atop the chapel - a gift to the original Trinity Church from the City of Trenton in thanksgiving for the end of the Civil War.
Begun in 1935 and completed in 1936, the architect was Samuel Mountford of Trenton. Notable features include:
- Norman-style design and construction characterized by rounded arches and octagonal pillars.
- Deep window wells (or moats) to admit natural light below ground.
- High Altar of sandstone, with reredos of limestone depicting Moses with the Tablets, and St. John the Evangelist.
Dedicated in 1954 and consecrated in 1965, architects P L Fowler, Samuel Mountford and A E Micklewright. Notable features include:
- Soaring roof line - from 40 feet above the floor to 60 feet at the apex
- High Altar of rose marble mounted on two platforms of green Italian marble
- North Transept - Caesarea Altar and 12 carved figures of the Apostles
- South Transept - Elizabeth's Chapel with white marble mensa, and 14 Russian Icons, statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and child in 15th Century style
- Clerestory windows.